IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4 month work term for May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
JOB TITLE: QA Automation (co-op)
IBM Cognos Sales Performance Management (SPM) business unit is the leading provider of incentive compensation and sales performance management solutions. Our product suite helps companies better manage, measure, and understand the impact of their commission, bonus and variable-based pay compensation programs.
Our product testing involves a mix of manual and automated testing, with a current team focus on expanding the scope of both. A strong business background coupled with technical expertise will enable the successful candidate to assess and manage rapidly evolving functionality and complex business rules to assure the quality and usability of mission critical software.
About the position:
We are seeking for talented co-op students that are passionate about quality to join the QA Automation team at our Toronto headquarters. You will be part of a creative and agile development team working on challenging problems in a dynamic environment. As a member of the QA Automation team, you will be critical to your team's success in delivering new automation scripts, executing them, and refining our existing scripts. As a growing team with ambitious goals, the challenge and complexity of the work you take on will be limited solely by your ability to deliver.
- Participating in and supporting a range of quality engineering and reliability testing activities related to ongoing product improvement and new product development
- Execution of automated scripts
- Analysis of results, documenting and communicating test results to team lead
- Maintenance of existing automated scripts
- Development of new automated scripts to test the different functionality of our products
- Development of internal tools
Tracking problems through to resolution
- Working toward Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Passionate about Quality
- An understanding of product lifecycle and QA methodology
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Familiarity with C#, Java, python, or C++
- Basic fluency using Shell and batch scripting
- Good knowledge of web service technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Previous experience with any unit testing framework such as JUnit
- Previous experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Group ID: Not Applicable
Job Family: Not Applicable