IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in
and is a
month work term commencing
What IBM Offers You?
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for DB2 Software Innovator include:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
IBM is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. We want to hire Canada’s brightest minds and utilize their broad set of skills to tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges and improve the experience for our customers. An IBM internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
As an intern in DB2 Software Development, you could join one of the many teams:
DB2 Development Ecosystem Team
DB2 Foundation and Deployment Team
DB2 Disruption Team
DB2 Continuous Engineering Team
DB2 Business Continuity Team
DB2 Mixed Workload Team
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions. This could include:
- Developing, testing and maintenance of large scale, automated Quality bench to integrate multiple IBM Analytics products
- Designing, developing, testing and socializing forward-leaning applications leveraging IBM DB2 along with other IBM products and open source projects
- Combining analytic and social media methodologies in creative ways to accelerate the adoption of IBM DB2 database management system
- Proposing innovative projects to optimize efficiency within IBM Analytics
Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
- High innovative thinking
- Experience with data analytics
- Demonstrated high social media involvement
- Experience with the latest open source technology trends
- Experience with Linux operating systems and/or Windows
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Group ID: IBM Analytics
Job Family: Not Applicable