IBM is leading the way in the Information Security space and our Managed Security Services Delivery team is looking to expand and onboard an IT Security Specialist to join our Security Operations Center.
Apply your technical know-how to manage and operate IT Security hardware & software while delivering complex security solutions. You'll manage a variety of security technologies and will be required to plan, deliver and support expertly engineered IT services and products that meet IBM's clients' needs.
Deliverables include deployment and integration activities, device management, security event analysis, service-level reporting, risk and contingency planning. Support-related responsibilities include Day to day monitoring , troubleshooting and managing critical situations.
Leverage your In-depth knowledge and proven proficiency in Managing ( Device and Policy Mgmt ) of F/W , IDS / IPS , eMail Security, DLP & SIEM Solutions to support / manage the Security Perimeter for multiple commercial clients.
Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Support of FireEye (Zero day threat prevention) ,
Support of firewall technologies including Checkpoint and Cisco.
Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of Security Appliances
Analyze and implement complex firewall rules on Checkpoint & Cisco firewalls security devices.
Engage in client facing liaison, supporting and managing client(s) IT Security Posture and associated technology solution.
Engage in weekly cadence with client and provide value add by means of recommendations to drive efficiency and value while minimizing vulnerabilities.
Rely on your strong technical ability to troubleshoot problems in a large enterprise involving complex network application flows between multiple hosts spanning multiple firewalls/security zones and different geographic locations
Demonstrate your proven hands-on experience with firewalls and a comprehensive knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection, DMZ, encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL, proxy services, Malware, and Email security
A successful applicant possesses the ability to provide day to day steady state support in a multi tenant environment performing incident, problem, and change management. Skills ranging from excellent teamwork, communication both oral and written and the ability to quickly assimilate technical and non-technical information are required.
Typical Technologies supported : ( Skills in these areas would be an asset )
Managed Security Services Skill set , with management and Steady state knowledge of :
IDS/IPS - CheckPoint, Cisco , Juniper , McAfee , Tipping Point ,
SIEM - Qradar , ArcSight , Quest, Symantec, Tripwire ,NetIQ
DLP - Websense, McAfee,RSA , Symantec, CA Technologies,Fidelis
Email- Barracuda, BrightMail , FireEye,Symantec, Cisco, Proofpoint,vivian
F/W - F5, Cisco, PaloAlto , Checkpoint
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- English (Fluent)
- At least 5 years experience in a Security Operations Role
- At least 5 years experience managing various security technologies such as Firewalls, IDPS, Vulnerability Management Systems (VMS), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Content Filtering, Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) / Data Leakage Protection (DLP), etc.
- In-depth knowledge and proven proficiency in Managing ( Device and Policy Mgmt ) of F/W , IDS / IPS , eMail Security, EPP, DLP & SIEM Solutions.
- At least 5 years Managed Security Services experience in industry leading Security solutions such as Checkpoint , Cisco , Juniper , Qradar , ArcSight , Tripwire, Websense , Symantec , F5 & PaloAlto.
- Understanding of FireEye technologies
- Thorough understanding of IT Security principles and practices, with at least 5 years experience in the IT Security field.
Group ID: IBM Security
Job Family: Not Applicable